Rampage

The Student News Site of Ramapo High School

Rampage

Rampage

It’s Time for Awards!

The Wyckoff Volunteer Ambulance Corps
Wyckoff Volunteer Ambulance Corps)
The Wyckoff Volunteer Ambulance Corps

On January 6th, the Wyckoff Volunteer Ambulance Corps held their annual awards dinner at the Brownstone in Paterson. The awards dinner recognizes the achievements of Wyckoff’s EMS corps, police department, and fire department. Anastasia Bouloukos, a Ramapo senior and member of the WVAC explained, “One can receive an award and a badge if they perform life-saving CPR, deliver a baby, or have taken 100 calls in the past year. We had a decent amount of awards given for CPR calls and members who answered 100 calls this year, but no delivery calls.”

Many RHS seniors attended the dinner, including Anastasia Bouloukos, Anastasia Milliman, Kyle Purvin, and Peter Buchmann. Some of the attendees included WVAC members, high-ranking police officers and firefighters, and the owners of the Vander Plant Funeral Home. Allison Danson, the new captain of the Ambulance Corps was officially sworn in. In addition, Randy Banks, former captain, attended the dinner.

Established in 1926, the Wyckoff Volunteer Ambulance Corps serves the Wyckoff community by taking around 1,000 emergency calls annually, and training people in CPR and first aid. This non-profit functions all day long with thirty trained active volunteers, and has continuously supported the Wyckoff community (wyckoffambulence.org). Mrs. Reitter, the orchestra and choir director, commented that “The Wyckoff community is so fortunate to have dedicated people who volunteer their time and skills for the safety and wellness of others.”