Rampage

The Student News Site of Ramapo High School

Rampage

Rampage

Ramapo’s 2023 Spotify Wrapped

Spotify Wrapped 2023 Worldwide

Your Spotify stats for 2023 are a “wrap!” Spotify Wrapped is the annual report given for each Spotify user on their listening history for the past year. In addition to the individual listener stats, Spotify gives the statistics for the world. This year’s most streamed album was the same as last year’s. That album, Bad Bunny’s Un Verano Sin Ti had over 4.5 billion streams! Taylor Swift’s album Midnights comes in at #2 worldwide and is the most streamed album in the US. And  who would’ve guessed, that the most listened-to artist of 2023 was Taylor Swift! However, surprisingly the #1 song played on Spotify was “Flowers” by Miley Cirus. One of the biggest trends not seen in past years was country music making such a large uptake compared to the past with Morgan Wallen’s hit album One Thing at a Time ranking at #6 for most streamed in the world. The top podcast remained  #1 since last year, The Joe Rogan Experience, in which host Joe Rogan talks to many different celebrities like Elon Musk, Bernie Sanders, and Quentin Tarantino. Overall, much of the Spotify Stats from last year mirror this year!

Ramapo’s Spotify Wrapped

As for my survey on Ramapo students and faculty, there was definitely a variety. Senior Jakub Mielko’s Spotify Wrapped had Alice in Chains, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Deftones in the top three. Jakub may have had the rock on lock for his Spotify Wrapped, but another senior, Jack Kane was all country. He said, “I was the top 0.005% listener of Luke Combs. I’m basically him.” His top three artists were Luke Combs, Morgan Wallen, and Zach Bryan. His top five streamed songs were Luke Combs with #1 being “Where The Wild Things Are.” Jack had the most listening minutes of anyone I interviewed with 93,334, or the equivalent of listening to music for 65 days straight! Finally, Sophomore Lea Bogwald had more of the worldwide music taste with Taylor Swift being her #1 artist. Her top song, however, was “American Teenager” by Ethel Cain whose song has just 39 million streams. Did Lea find the most underrated song of 2023? Ramapo had a pretty diverse music taste this year and I think we’re all looking forward to seeing our stats for 2024!