To Our Senior Rampage Leaders: Thank you and Good Luck!

Lindsey Morrison, Editor-In-Chief (23-24), Online Editor (22-23)

Rampage would not be the same without our senior editors, and for that we thank them! Our senior editors have devoted time, energy, and ideas to oil the machine that is Rampage. Senior editors have the role and responsibility to provide story ideas for their section, write and edit articles, and attend editorial meetings. Our editors go above and beyond to make Rampage successful. Rampage advisor Mrs. Manzo constantly compliments our senior editors as she says, “They are all talented writers, thinkers, and creators. Their dedication to the club and academics speaks to their future successes. I am very proud of their accomplishments.”  

Editor in Chief- Kathryn Haig

Kathryn Haig has been an extraordinary Editor In Chief as she constantly goes above and beyond her role and responsibilities. Katie writes, edits, creates paper layouts, and helps run the Rampage meetings. Katie has been a part of Rampage for the past three years in multiple positions such as staff writer, Assistant Entertainment Editor, and Editor In Chief. Katie is also involved in NHS and was named Interact club member of the month this May. During meetings., Katie is a kind leader, takes any suggestions, and listens to the rest of the Rampage members. Although Katie is known to be quiet, she makes a big impact in the club with her comments and thoughtfulness. Katie has always been attentive to each member, as she treats them with respect and politeness. As a member of Rampage, Katie has always been the kindest person in the room- even her texts are sincere and full of compliments and praise as she lifts up all the writers. Mrs. Manzo wishes to give a special thanks to Katie as she comments, “A special shout out to our editor in chief Katie Haig for keeping this club on their toes with her impeccable organization, dedication and commitment. Katie is one of the most committed editors that I’ve ever had and her shoes will be tough to fill next year. She will be greatly missed and has been an excellent role model for future leaders and editors of our paper.” Katie is always willing to pick up any extra responsibilities such as creating and helping others within our layout design program, writing extra articles, and making sure everyone stays on task. Katie will be going on to major in English and Secondary Education at Sacred Heart University!

Life Editor-Emily Jedell

As a Life Editor, Emily Jedell needs to know the school events and relevant topics to put forth as article ideas. As all Rampage members are aware, Emily is incredible in her position as she is outgoing and on top of school-wide trends. Emily is known for her love of journalism and has amazing experience in the field as she is a Copy Editor and columnist of the Hampton Sheet magazine where she has interviewed many influential people such as Kendra Scott, Fern Mallis, and many more. Emily has a love for creativity as she writes poetry and creative nonfiction pieces which she proudly shares. Emily is majoring in public relations at the University of Miami in hopes it will lead her to a career that incorporates all of her interests. Emily also loves to sing, and is minoring in the music industry as she wishes to eventually start her own record label! 

Sports Editor- Kendall Schmidt 

Kendall Schmidt brings awareness to Ramapo athletics in her position as Sports Editor. Kendall is responsible for selecting the athlete senior spotlight for each issue; she picks outstanding athletes that should be recognized for their efforts. Also an athlete, Kendall deserves to be recognized for her efforts in her sports and Rampage. Kendall is a varsity athlete at Ramapo and plays for the girls varsity soccer team, varsity track and field, and she is the varsity winter track and field captain. Kendall contributes a great deal to the school as she is a part of National Honors Society, Relay For Life sponsorship leader, and she is a Senior Ambassador. Kendall is a natural leader and she takes pride in all of her involvement at Ramapo. Kendall will be attending Emory University next year where she will be involved in their track and field athletics!

News Editor- Arya Kaul

Arya Kaul is an accomplished and outstanding high school student and the News Editor for Rampage. Arya is extremely resourceful as she presents relevant information and topics to the newspaper. Arya often checks trending news stories from The New York Times and similar newspapers to make sure our school newspaper news stories are relevant and important to students. Arya is an all-around amazing student and is involved in many school activities such as Model UN, DECA, HS Democrats, CDA, and National Honor Society. Through Rampage, Arya has learned real-world journalism skills such as presenting article ideas, meeting deadlines, and editing articles. Arya will be attending Barnard College of Columbia University where she will study Cognitive Science. 

Entertainment Editor- Gianna Amato

Our Entertainment Editor Gianna Amato, is a movie and music fanatic and she brings on-trend entertainment topics to every Rampage meeting. Gianna recommends topics that excite the members of Rampage and stir up conversation, revealing just how relevant her article ideas are. Gianna is an incredible Entertainment Editor and her story ideas inspire staff writers every meeting. Entertainment articles are often hard to keep up with as trends waver constantly. 

Although these students are not considered Senior Editors, they have worked hard in their positions and will be missed as they leave Ramapo! Mrs. Manzo wishes to give a special shout out to Cynthia Zhou and Natalie Byers for “putting forth so much of their time to create the layout for the print paper. They deal with my constant need for revision and perfection with grace, humor and commitment. Their enthusiasm for the paper and distributing it, makes Rampage the special student paper that it is. I will miss our after school meetings that were filled with hard work and laughs!” 

Thank you all for your contribution and continuous additions to help Rampage. Being a senior editor is a huge responsibility, and you all went above and beyond within your roles. As seniors in the club, underclassmen look up to you and often admire the work and confidence you all exude. Our Rampage senior editors have impressed all club advisors with their work ethic. You all have shown great leadership skills and shown the other members of Rampage what it means to be an editor. Thank you for your contribution in Rampage,  you will be missed and good luck in college!