Editor’s Note

Editor’s Note

Kathryn Haig, Editor In Chief

Dear Rampage Readers,

Seniors, graduation is almost here. On June 22, 2023, we are going to don our caps and gowns and receive a certificate that marks the end of our high school career and the beginning of a new chapter.

For the past four years, the headlines of Rampage have reflected the ups and downs of that career, of the world we live in. Joy, frustration, pride, fear – Rampage has covered it all, seeking to recognize students for their accomplishments while simultaneously providing an objective angle on current events, to keep Ramapo informed and aware, and to cultivate interest in News, Life, Entertainment, and Sports. To cultivate a community.

I can’t say if we have succeeded. In all honesty, I simply don’t know – I can only hope.  My job, and that of the rest of the Rampage staff, is to report the facts on the stories that will come to define our generation, and I hope you all thought they were as meaningful as we did.

A special thank you to the seniors of the Rampage Editor’s Staff – News Editor Arya Kaul, Life Editor Emily Jedell, Entertainment Editor Gianna Amato, Sports Editor Kendall Schmidt, Creative and Layout Director Cynthia Zhou, and Assistant Layout Director Natalie Byers – alongside junior Online Editors Lindsey Morrison and Addison Palmer, junior Assistant Editors Simrin Anand and Courtney Collins, sophomore Assistant Layout Director Peyton Koutrakos, and our remarkable staff writers. I would also like to thank Rampage advisors Mrs. Manzo, Mrs. Schutte, and Ms. Casey for their support and guidance throughout the entirety of the monthly journalistic process and Business Advisor Ms. Migliacci for ensuring that our newspaper has the funds to continue, expand, and reach beyond the walls of Ramapo. It takes dedication and diligence to put together a newspaper, and I truly appreciate the time, energy, and creativity you all have devoted to the betterment of Rampage.

Rampage has meant the world to me over the past three years, and I am proud to have served as its Editor-in-Chief during my senior year. I’m going to miss our meetings, the laughs we have shared, and seeing all our ideas come together on paper and online. Rampage certainly wouldn’t be the same without the combined efforts of its Editor’s Staff, staff writers, and advisors.

Mrs. Manzo, I couldn’t have done any of this without you.  Thank you for always supporting me and teaching me what it truly means to be a reporter.

Finally, thank you to you – our readers – for picking up a copy of Rampage or taking a look at our website each month. You are the reason we write.

Thank you,

Kathryn Haig

Editor-in-Chief, Class of 2023