Class of 2021’s Valedictorian: Emily Tsairis,

Emily+Tsairis%2C+Ramapo+Valedictorian+%28Photo+Courtesy+of+Normandy+Studios%29+

Emily Tsairis, Ramapo Valedictorian (Photo Courtesy of Normandy Studios)

Madison Elliott, Editor in Chief

Dr. Seuss once said “the more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go.” It has been a very tough few years for all of the students and faculty at Ramapo, and it goes without saying that everyone should be proud and happy of their achievements. In the graduating class of 2021, Emily Tsairis has shown her determination, integrity, and hard work throughout her career as a student at Ramapo High School by earning the honor of being Valedictorian. It is with this strive throughout all of her four years at this school that her academic diligence has paid off. 

Emily explains her participation in the several activities at Ramapo, including Academic Decathlon, Serendipity Literary and Art Magazine, being a part of the Girls Golf Team, the Heroes and Cool Kids program, and being a Senior Ambassador. She gave back to her community through the National Honor Society and her church youth group GOYA (Greek Orthodox Youth of America). Even over the summers Emily volunteers “as an aide at Camp Acorn, a not-for-profit community organization for children and adults with disabilities.” Emily has shown so much leadership in her highschool career, and everyone, especially her teachers and counselors, such as Mrs. Dondero, could not be prouder.

Mrs. Dondero explains how “Emily has worked to develop her role as a leader and holds high levels of responsibility through involvement with numerous projects and extracurricular activities. From working with children with special needs to planning team meetings, Emily has launched into a comprehension of leadership and acknowledges the gratifying feeling of giving back to her community. She has applied her strong work ethic and persevering attitude in everything she has done, and treats those around her with empathy, understanding, and kindness.”

Emily is proud to be studying at Princeton University in the fall, and she is “so excited to continue [her] education at the same school as Catherine”. Emily plans to major in the History of Art or Psychology, and is aiming to attend law school in her future. She has demonstrated incredible scholastic achievement and earns a well-deserved honor.

Starting with the words of Dr. Seuss and now ending them, to Emily, “congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to great places. You’re off and away!”