Senior Spotlight: Lara Palermo

Lara Palermo’s senior lacrosse photo
(Lara Palermo)

A dedicated captain of the Ramapo Varsity Girls Lacrosse Team, Lara Palermo has been a key player in the success of the team both on and off the field. Recently, Lara hit 100 career points, an achievement that is particularly meaningful to her. On top of being a well-rounded athlete, earning four varsity lacrosse letters, Lara is a dedicated leader who, as head coach Maria Grant praised, “is very aware of how her teammates are managing stresses on and off the field and provides them with emotional and verbal support.” 

Lara has also worked to maintain the strong culture and bond of the team. Her unwavering passion and perseverance are reflected by all of her teammates, fostering a strong connection. Kirsten Seyffer, a sophomore on the team, added, “Lara deeply cares about everyone on the team, and always offers help to anyone that needs it. I really admire her leadership abilities, and hope her strong sense of guidance is something that stays in the Ramapo Girls Lacrosse program for a long time.”

Lara first started playing lacrosse as a first grader, inspired by her older brother and when she was little, “wanted to be just like him,” she recalls. Since then, lacrosse has allowed Lara to make lasting friendships and taught her how to be a strong leader. 

In the fall, she will be attending Clemson University and plans to play club lacrosse. She is excited to meet new people, live on her own, and enjoy the warm South Carolina weather. 

To novice lacrosse players, Lara encourages them to “never get discouraged and always work hard. Your skills will come with time and repetition, so never give up!”