Rampage

The Student News Site of Ramapo High School

Rampage

Rampage

Join Us For A Bite

Foxy%2C+Chica%2C+Freddy%2C+and+Bonnie+animatronics+
Forbes
Foxy, Chica, Freddy, and Bonnie animatronics

Welcome to Freddy Fazbears Pizzeria! The Five Nights at Freddy’s movie has fans going crazy waiting for the film’s release. The movie is based on the popular video game series and centers around Mike Schmidt, a troubled security guard who begins working at Freddy’s. On his first night of the job, he begins to realize that it isn’t as easy as it seems. 

Many fans have different views and opinions on the film because it doesn’t follow the game or the original lore that surfaced on the internet from two game players, Markiplier and MatPat. From the release of FNAF 1, it was believed that the creator of the pizzeria, William Afton, was, as the games say, “The Man Behind the Slaughters.” He was created as this villain who only made the pizzeria lure children, murder them, and stuff them into the bodies of the animatronics; this theory became known as ‘the puppet theory.”  It was also inferred that William himself murdered his business partner’s daughter, Charlotte Emily, but a clear answer is never given as to whether she is truly alive or dead. 

Senior Alyson Kleiner had the following to say: “I was lucky enough to see the film on opening weekend. The film overall was good and well written but I felt it didn’t follow the original plot from the games. I thought the casting was phenomenal and the fact that the animatronics were actual robots was even better. I kind of wish it included a more in depth explanation regarding the disappearance of Mike’s little brother or even understanding more of Vanessa’s past.” 

Mr. Bernard, the set designer of Gold Masque, appreciated that “it was a horror movie based on a video game with an absurd concept.” He gave the movie an 8/10, claiming  “if they had tried to stay true to the original then it would start to lose some of its audience. Movies aim to bring in as many people even if that means diluting an original idea.” He “liked the use of practical effects and how it didn’t take itself too seriously,” but “didn’t like the dream sequence [because] it just felt like an odd motivation.” 

Director Emma Tammi has spoken out, stating that she does in fact have plans and is currently in the process of creating Five Nights at Freddy’s 2. In an interview with Fandango, Tammi said, “I would absolutely be very interested in continuing to direct a sequel. Building a story in this world and with these characters.” All fans are hoping for is that it sticks closer to the games.