Rampage

The Student News Site of Ramapo High School

Rampage

Rampage

Governors Ball 2024

June is just around the corner, which means it’s time for everyone in the tri-state area’s favorite music festival: The Governors Ball! With top artists gearing up to play in Corona Park in Queens, New York, 2024 is a highly anticipated year. Notable artists like Post Malone, Rauw Alejandro, The Killers, 21 Savage, SZA, and Peso Pluma are headlining the event. 

Governors Ball Lineup (governersball.com )

An artist everyone is particularly eager to see perform is Sabrina Carpenter. She will be taking the stage on the second day of the festival, Saturday, June 8th. As Sabrina continues to release more music, her rise to fame as one of our generation’s most-loved pop stars is indisputable. Chloe Moros, a junior at Ramapo High School, states, “I am so excited to see Sabrina perform and to see what she comes up with for her “Nonsense” outro.” Like Moros, fans are all curious how Carpenter will change the outro, as is her practice in every show she puts on.

The real question on a lot of fans’ minds is if Post Malone will sing his new song “Fortnight,” where he collaborated with Taylor Swift on her latest album, The Tortured Poets Department. Post Malone will be performing Friday, June 7th, at 8:38 PM on the Verizon stage. Will Taylor Swift join him? You’ll have to attend to find out! (Govenorsballmusicfestival.com).

Sexxy Red is another up-and-coming rap artist that people are anxious to see hit the stage. She uses modern slang and a distinct style in her pieces, and with top hits like “Bow Bow Bow” and “Skeeyee,” she is definitely an artist who will get the crowds out of their seats. (Discotech.me)

21 Savage is a major rapper headlining on Saturday, the 9th, at 7:38 PM on the “Gopuff” Stage. Along with 21, The Killers are set to perform their famous song, “Mr. Brightside.” Ms. Casey, an English teacher at Ramapo High School, states, “I was thrilled to see The Killers are a part of the line-up. I’ve been a fan of The Killers since the early 2000s, and to see that they are still relevant makes me so happy for their success. Hopefully today’s fans will appreciate their alternative-punk and indie-rock vibe as much as I do!”

This year’s Governors Ball is set up for success, and there’s still time to get tickets! If you are interested, make sure you purchase yours as soon as possible, as there is only a limited quantity of tickets left (CBS). Don’t miss out on this once-in-a lifetime opportunity; after all, there will only be one Governors Ball in 2024.